Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In | Register
Pending Solar Exemption Legislation
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

8/26/2020 at 2:29:56 PM GMT
As you are hopefully aware, the Association's long stated goal to revise the solar exemption language is very close to fruition. A version of this recently passed the House of Representatives and is now in a legislative conference committee working out the final version of climate legislation that includes the change. The committee will report out the final compromise version of the bill before it is voted on by the two legislative branches and heads to the governor's desk. It is imperative that assessors make sure that all their senators and representatives are fully aware of the importance of this legislation in finally clarifying and modernizing the current antiquated clause 45 language that was passed in the 1970's and which assessors feel has been misapplied by the ATB in recent years. Opponents to this effort are active and mobilizing against this clarification. We need to clearly articulate the importance that solar exemption language needs to be included in the final version to ensure that solar power is assessed equitably.

Attached Images:

8/26/2020 at 4:03:50 PM GMT
Here is the Powerpoint slides from today’s Solar presentation.

Attached Files: 

Last edited Wednesday, August 26, 2020
8/27/2020 at 12:37:19 PM GMT
I have been in touch with Senator Patrick O'Connor and he is in full support of keeping House section 15G in the final version of the legislation, and will advocate for its inclusion!

8/27/2020 at 5:36:49 PM GMT
I have been in touch with my Rep and Senator for Manchester and  they are supporting 15G in the final version.  They have passed on my letter to the Committee also.  Still waiting to hear from my home Town Rep.

9/2/2020 at 5:14:42 PM GMT

Update Solar Exemption Meeting

Wednesday, Sep 9, 2020 10:00 AM 

Click Here for more info!