Robert “Bob” J. Ellia Executive Director Leadership Scholarship: Robert “Bob” J. Ellia was the first executive director for M.A.A.O. Bob believed strongly in the educational programs of the M.A.A.O. and advocated to provide learning opportunities that would raise himself/herself to a higher level of recognition through designation programs and other educational opportunities. Bob always strived to be one of the best in the profession and strongly believed we all should do the same.
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of the M.A.A.O.
- The applicant must be pursuing a higher designation in the assessing profession from the M.A.A.O. or I.A.A.O.
- The scholarship can be used for educational courses recognized by the M.A.A.O.’s Professional Admissions Committee or a leadership course with prior approval by the M.A.A.O. Scholarship Committee.
MAAO Educational Scholarships: Each year the MAAO offers several scholarships for education programs to deserving applicants.
We offer three annual scholarships:
· Arthur Holmes Scholarship
· Wilson Scholarship
· Past Presidents Scholarship
- The applicant must be a member in good standing of the MAAO.
- The applicant must be recertifying or pursuing a designation from the M.A.A.O. or I.A.A.O. (Preference will be given to those individuals in pursuit of their designation).
- The scholarship must be used solely for an MAAO or IAAO educational course that will lead to the designation or recertification.
For All MAAO Scholarships:
- Scholarships are to be used by the end of the following fiscal year. In the event that a scholarship is not used within this time-frame due to a personal emergency, the cancellation of a course, or other extenuating circumstance, the recipient may request a one-year extension in writing. No extensions beyond one year will be granted by the Scholarship Committee.
- The scholarship is limited to one course per person per year.
- A maximum of $600 (amount was changed per vote of the Board to $600 on 11.14.2017) per scholarship will be granted in any given year.
The Selection Process:
- The application must be filled out in its entirety and returned to the Scholarship Committee.
- The deadline for returning applications is June 1.
- The selection of the recipient(s) will be made by the Scholarship Committee and awarded at the MAAO Annual meeting.
- The Scholarship Committee should avoid any conflicts of interest in regard to the selection process. More specifically, any member serving on the Scholarship Committee must abstain from voting on an applicant from his/her office.